For this you will need your Oculus Quest Headset, your tablet and Wi-fi login details.
Log in to your Facebook account
To set up your Oculus Quest you will need a Facebook account. This can either be your existing account or you can create a new one.
Existing Facebook Account
- Search Facebook in the web browser on tablet
- Login with your Facebook account details
Creating a Facebook Account
- Search Facebook in the web browser on the tablet
- Create new account
- Follow the instructions to create new account
Download the Oculus App on your Tablet
- Connect your tablet to the Wi-Fi (see here if you need instructions)
- Search Oculus in the App Store or Google Play Store
- Download to Tablet
Login to Oculus
- Open the Oculus App on your Tablet.
- If the correct Facebook account is showing, ‘Continue as YOUR FACEBOOK NAME’ or select log in with Facebook and follow the prompts to link the two accounts.
- Set up your VR profile by filling in information, adding profile pictures, creating a username and profile settings.
- Create an Oculus PIN (4 digits).
- Add a credit card or skip this step (please note that the EnvisionVR app is a free app).
- Select the Headset you are using ‘Oculus Quest 2’.
- The App will now pair with your Headset.
- The Oculus App will ask for a 5-digit PIN to complete the pairing of your device with the APP. Put the Headset on and the PIN will be visible.
- Once your phone and headset are paired; place your Headset back on your head to finish the device setup. The device will guide you through this.
- Once you have gone through the setup steps and acknowledged the safety video, your Headset will restart.
- When the Headset turns on again, it should confirm the pairing of your device and automatically update the headset if there is a software update available.
- You will be taken through the process of creating a Guardian (safe play area).
- Now you are ready to download the EnvisionVR App and start exploring.
Click HERE to learn how to download the EnvisionVR App.