Publish Date: 27/07/2021
Envison VR Pty Ltd (ABN 23 638 791 401) (“we”, “us” or the “Company”) is committed to privacy protection. EnvisionVR Pty Ltd built the EnvisionVR app as a free app. This SERVICE is provided by EnvisionVR Pty Ltd at no cost and is intended for use as is.
We care about your privacy:
We will never rent, trade or sell your email address to anyone.
We will never publicly display your email address or other personal details that identify you.
The Australian Privacy Principles
We will treat all personal information in accordance with any and all obligations that are binding upon us under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”). The Privacy Act lays down 13 key principles in relation to the collection and treatment of personal information, which are called the “Australian Privacy Principles”.
What is “personal information”?
Personal information held by the Company may include your:
- name and date of birth;
- residential and business postal addresses, telephone/mobile/fax numbers and email addresses;
- any information that you otherwise share with us.
How we may collect your personal information
If you choose to use our service, we only collect personal information that is necessary for us to conduct or improve our business as virtual reality architect and design modelling of residential dwellings.
Inf0rmation that you provide to us
We may collect personal information that you provide to us about yourself when you:
- use this app, including (without limitation) when you:
- register for access to premium content or request certain premium features; or
- complete an online contact form to contact us;
- provide information to us by telephone or through marketing or competition application forms; or
- send us an email or other communication.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
Links to other sites
Third party websites
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
How we may use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- verify your identity;
- respond to any queries or feedback that you may have;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving, this app;
- conduct research and development in respect of our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs or obtain your feedback or views about our services in order for us to improve them; and/or
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems, and for any other purpose reasonably considered necessary or desirable by the Company in relation to the operation of our business.
From time to time we may email our customers with news, information and offers relating to our own services or those of selected partners. Your personal information may also be collected so that the Company can promote and market products and services to you. This is to keep you informed of products, services, and special offers we believe you will find valuable and may continue after you cease acquiring products and services from us. If you would prefer not to receive promotional or other material from us, please let us know and we will respect your request. You can unsubscribe from such communications at any time if you choose.
When we may disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above, the Company may disclose your personal information to organisations outside the Company. Your personal information may be disclosed to these organisations only in relation to this app, and the Company takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. These organisations may carry out or provide:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- marketing, telemarketing and sales services;
- market research; and
- app usage analysis.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit-related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- organisations who manage our business strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our business risk and funding functions; and
- the police or other appropriate persons where your communication suggests possible illegal activity or harm to others.
Access to your personal information
In most cases, you may have access to personal information that we hold about you. We will handle requests for access to your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. All requests for access to your personal information must be directed to the Privacy Officer by email using the email address provided above or by writing to us at our postal address. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible. Requests for a large amount of information, or information that is not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. We may charge you a fee for access if a cost is incurred by us in order to retrieve your information, but in no case will we charge you a fee for your application for access.
In some cases, we may refuse to give you access to personal information that we hold about you. This may include circumstances where giving you access would:
- be unlawful (e.g. where a record that contains personal information about you is subject to a claim for legal professional privilege by one of our contractual counterparties);
- have an unreasonable impact on another person’s privacy; or
- prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity.
- We may also refuse access where the personal information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings.
If we refuse to give you access, we will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
Correcting your personal information
We will amend any personal information about you that is held by us and that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date if you request us to do so. If we disagree with your view about the accuracy, completeness or currency of a record of your personal information that is held by us, and you ask us to associate with that record a statement that you have a contrary view, we will take reasonable steps to do so.
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Storage and security of your personal information
We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the information that you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised use or alteration. In our business, personal information may be stored both electronically (on our computer systems and with our website hosting provider) and in hard-copy form. Firewalls, anti-virus software and email filters, as well as passwords, protect all of our electronic information. Likewise, we take all reasonable measures to ensure the security of hard-copy information.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ads Settings page (https://www.google.com/settings/ads). Facebook has enabled an AdChoices link that enables you to opt out of targeted advertising.
Contacting us about privacy
If you would like more information about the way we manage personal information that we hold about you, or are concerned that we may have breached your privacy, please contact us by email to email@example.com or by post 18/390 Eastern Valley Way, Roseville NSW 2069.
If you require any further information about the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles, you can visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website (see www.privacy.gov.au).